Artex SafeTherapy Universal Wrap Overview – A Different Approach to Pain Relief:
COOL Therapy, Not “Cold Therapy” – Unlike ice or gel, Artex USA’s laboratory grade “thermal wax”, used inside the pockets of each SafeTherapy™ wrap, cannot over-cool – meaning there is NO risk of tissue burn or frostbite. Until fully melted, it holds a safe, comfortable, steady therapeutic temperature that helps accelerate the healing process. Rather than infusing cold, this unique phase change technology actually pulls heat from your injured area, reducing swelling, inflammation, and pain.
How to Use:
Artex wraps are supplied with everything you need right from the package – simply “charge” it before using!
– How to Charge (or recharge) for use: If the Universal Wrap pockets are clear/transparent, simply place the Universal Wrap in a refrigerator (or freezer if you’d like it to charge a bit faster). Lay it flat for fastest charging (put in a baggie with your name on it if you’re using a common area fridge).
– When it’s Ready: After about 20 minutes you can see the pockets turn from clear to bright white. At about 40-45 minutes they will become solid (“charged”) – the wrap is ready for use! The whole process is faster in a freezer; about 20 minutes end-to-end.
– Wear it (against skin or over clothing): Place the wrap on your body, the white side facing your skin. Secure it with the supplied Velcro strap until it rests comfortably. NOTE: If you don’t like the feel of the wrap directly against your skin you can place it over a thin garment, simply making sure it is snug enough to feel the cooling effect. That’s it – Relax and let it work! You can even go to sleep or continue to go about your day while Artex SafeTherapy™ works to pull heat and inflammation from your injury.
The Artex SafeTherapy Universal wrap is especially useful for treating sore muscle groups and tendons of the upper arm (brachium) or forearm (antebrachium), or upper leg (thigh) or lower leg (crus or cnemis) as it can be wrapped around these limb areas and easily attached/adjusted with the supplied Velcro strap. Of course, it can be applied anywhere on the body that it gives comfort, such as around a sore foot, wrist, etc. It can be worn while sitting, walking or during therapy and will fit anyone. It is great to wear after a workout, surgery or any kind of acute injury (note: we do not recommend wearing over an open wound). The Artex SafeTherapy Universal wrap will help reduce swelling and pain occurring from an acute injury or activities that aggravate a chronic injury. The Artex SafeTherapy Universal strap design permits you to adjust the amount of compression you feel, allowing the best adjustment for comfort and activity level.
Artex SafeTherapy Universal Wrap:
Effectively reduces deep tissue inflammation and discomfort by pulling heat away from muscles and tendons:
- Especially useful to target the muscles and tendons of the brachium, antebrachium, thigh, and cnemis.
- Covers any of the muscle groups contained within the upper or lower leg or the upper or lower arm (depending on which limb area the Universal is wrapped around), such as the Iliopsoas, Adductor, Lateral Rotator, Anterior Thigh, Medial Thigh, Posterior Thigh, Lower Leg Anterior, Lower Leg Lateral, Lower Leg Superficial Posterior, Lower Leg Deep Posterior, the Upper Arm muscles in the Anterior and Posterior Compartments (including both biceps & triceps), and the Forearm muscles of the Anterior and Posterior Compartments.
- Can be used with/for other areas of the body, but strap may not allow the wrap to be ‘attached’ (as the strap is designed to be used with either arm or leg)
- Wear it all day, no fear of over-cooling
- Antimicrobial surface allows it to be worn safely against the skin
- Easily adjusts for maximum comfort and relief.
- Latex free. Antimicrobial surface allows it to be worn safely directly against your skin (if skin becomes irritated, wear over a thin layer of cloth)
- No fear of over-cooling: Holds an ideal temperature (about 58°F) until fully melted
- Will recharge in a refrigerator in approximately 45 minutes (or in a freezer in about 20 minutes)
- Provides same-temperature cooling until melted (time depends on ambient temperature & activity level)
- Size: 15” long by 8.75” wide
- Strap (1): 4” wide by 15” long
- Doctor recommended and clinically tested
- Flexible design can be worn over the upper or lower arm or leg or elsewhere on the body
- Ready to charge right out of the package
- Charges in minutes in refrigerator or freezer
- Temperature safe – no risk of over-cooling
- Can be used again and again, as often (and as long) as is needed
- Antimicrobial surface – safe to wear against skin
- Recharges much faster than ice or gel
- Durable, breathable, comfortable design – one size fits all
- Can be used on-the-go. Can be used while sleeping
- Simple to Clean with soap/water or isopropyl alcohol
- Optional Enzyme Cleaner keeps it super fresh smelling
- Cord-free, battery-free (nothing to re-order unless you want Enzyme Cleaner)
- FDA Class 1 medical device; drug-free
- Proudly made in the USA